Stepping Stones is a non-profit organization registered in Shanghai China. With the mission to improve the education and general welfare of disadvantaged children in China, Stepping Stones has been sending volunteers to local migrant schools and community centres to give free English lessons to migrant children since 2006. Over the years, Stepping Stones has also initiated many other projects serving disadvantaged children, such as teaching English to children in rural China through volunteer visits and videolink classes, providing eye care services through its I Care Project, teaching computer lessons and life skills to migrant teenagers and providing professional training to English teachers in migrant and rural schools.
Stepping Stones is looking for a qualified and committed candidate to fill the role of Communications Manager, to promote Stepping Stones’ work to the local and expatriate community in China as well as to a broader international audience.
The Communications Manager reports to the Executive Director, and:
- Works with the whole team to formulate and implement Stepping Stones’ Communications Strategy, which integrates message development, web presence, and social media.
- Collects stories and key messages from staff, volunteers and other stakeholders and produces English and Chinese language communications, including website, WeChat posts, e-newsletters, other social media posts (Facebook, Weibo, etc.), and videos.
- Designs marketing materials, such as presentations, annual reports, flyers, posters, greetings cards, etc.
- Manages, maintains and continuously improves Stepping Stones’ Chinese website, and gradually adapts the English website to match the Chinese one.
- Coordinates photography and videography work to capture high quality images and footage of Stepping Stones’ projects for promotion purposes.
- Manages the storage of Stepping Stones’ photo and video data.
Compensation and Benefits: 报酬及福利:
Compensation will be at local market levels in the non-profit sector and take into consideration the skills and experience of the successful applicant. Stepping Stones will provide all statutory benefits for Chinese nationals, or medical insurance for expatriates, plus 12 days annual leave in the first year of employment.
Candidates already based in Shanghai are preferred, noting that Stepping Stones is unable to cover relocation costs or assist with accommodation. Stepping Stones can assist foreign nationals with work permit and visa applications.
Start Date: 开始日期:
The start date should ideally be no later than March 2019. The initial contract would be full-time (40 hours per week) for one year, with an option to extend upon mutual agreement.
Work Location: 工作地点:
The Communications Manager will be based at Stepping Stones’ office, which is currently at Room 1110, Building 1, No. 1687, Changyang Road, Yangpu District, but will move elsewhere in Shanghai by summer 2019. Occasional working from home may be possible.
Minimum Qualifications: 供职要求:
- Several years’ communications and design experience (corporate or non-profit sector); 数年传播和平面设计的工作经验（公司或非盈利机构）
- Good Chinese writing skills (native-level preferred) and fluency in English; 具有优秀写作能力的中文母语者。英文流利。
- Experienced with a range of different communications platforms, and different media, including photography and video; 具有不同传播平台，不同媒体，包括摄影摄像的经验
- Technologically competent and quick to learn new technology; 具有成熟的技术并愿意学习新技术
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team, multi-task, stay well-organized and adapt in an ever-changing sector/environment; 具有独立工作，及团队协作，多重任务的能力，具有自我管理及适应变化环境的能力。
- Interest in the non-profit/social/development sector; 对公益组织/社交/发展有兴趣
- Excellent work ethic with a positive and flexible attitude. 具有积极及灵活的工作态度理念。
Apply for Communications Manager 传播经理工作职责
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.