Odyssey is currently looking for a Business Development Manager (“BDM”) for our Shanghai operations. The BDM is primary responsible for achieving revenue goals of an assigned geographic territory, vertical territory, and/or named accounts. The BDM is also accountable for the sales and contracting aspects of multiple client engagements.
- Develop the initial client relationship and manage the sales process through contracting and deployment.
- Become a trusted advisor to clients by assisting with and managing the on-going services and initiatives provided and supported by Odyssey.
- Identify, qualify and successfully close prospects.
- Work with Odyssey Global Solutions, Sales, Client Services, Procurement, Operations, and IT teams to deliver world class solutions to client problems.
- Understand client needs and objectives.
- Identify opportunities for Odyssey to support the client by addressing problems and challenges related to the client’s initiatives in logistics, supply chain, transportation and distribution operations.
- Sell and deliver value with Odyssey services and solutions.
- Develop specific action plans and milestones to implement identified sales strategies.
- Specify critical resource needs from prospective clients required to meet business objectives.
- Actively negotiate with key stakeholders and functional counterparts to obtain required approvals and resources.
- Continuously track plans and milestones.
- Participate in any technical discussions or presentations pertaining to a client.
- Create, modify or prepare and deliver sales and marketing presentations providing an in-depth overview of solution and capabilities to all levels of management.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts at each client.
- Demonstrate proficiency in consultative selling.
- Develop and grow client base and seek new revenue opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10+ years’ relevant sales experience (Chemical & Pharmaceutical industry a plus) in supply chain, transportation, or logistics solutions..
- Advanced business management degree is desirable.
- Must possess knowledge of logistics, supply chain and IT terminology and industry vendors and suppliers.
- Experience in customer tracking software is preferred.
- Must project a professional image and possess excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Proficient analytical skills using desktop computer tools and software.
- Ability to travel up to 20-30% is required.
- Proven and consistent track record in exceeding assigned quota by surpassing 100% performance.
- Experience in executive-level selling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized and a self-starter.
- Ability to be aggressive about duties, yet work with a wide variety of people and maintain personable relationships with all internal and external customers.
Language: Must be proficient in speaking and writing Chinese (Mandarin) and English
Apply for Business Development Manager
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.